Wednesday, April 9, 2008

With the oncoming spring time, I find myself yet again regretting not purchasing that linen suit at Primark. This title is

a reference to an older blog found here.

I love the changing of the seasons, but perhaps the change from winter to spring is the most exciting of all. There are so many new things to see and new life to celebrate. DC is turning green, the cherry blossoms have come out, and it is once again pleasurable to sit in the sunshine and read. Right now I'm reading Far From the Madding Crowd the last of my Thomas Hardy novels I'll read for a while. So far I like it very much, not as much as Jude or Tess, but I think more than Return of the Native and maybe about as much as the Mayor of Casterbridge. Summer time also means more reading time.

If only I could do that reading on a Sunday afternoon under a large umbrella, sipping lemonade, wearing a linen suit. Even seersucker would do.

Aed, we may have to jam in the near future - in a mountain meadow perhaps... and later on, barbecue.

2 comments:

Bee Hives said...

I am jealous of your reading. I am reading Emma and have been for about a month. I only allow myself to read as I go to bed, so I don't get much done.

NEWS FLASH!!!
I was just flashed! I'm sitting outside the German department and a girl across from me just put her feet on the stool in front of her. She's wearing a very flowy skirt. And lucky me, I was shown her nice black knickers. Anyway...

I also think a good Aed jam is needed. Why don't you come out here before I go to Berlin? Or come visit me once I am in Berlin? I don't know how I feel about jamming with a new crew. I think I may need to start up a new instrument less associated with England and ya'll. And one that I won't be constantly tempted to Johnny Get Your Haircut on. Yes. It has now been verbed.

Spencer G said...

I'm looking forward to some jamming and riffing in the near future.