Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I really should be doing homework as it is already a day late and I have a conference with the dean's fellow in less than an hour, for which I have...

prepared nothing. The title thing wouldn't let me put the full title on there. That sucks. Here's another Chindogu invention I think could be useful.

So I read some things on the group page that I'm curious about. Was Joni embarrased by something Spencer did? What was it? What is this romance story Hillary and Kim are writing about Claire and Spencer? What's the capital of Algeria?

Anyway, things here are okay. I've been very unmotivated the last couple of days which isn't that good. I've decided I'm no longer reading for Torts this week which was a liberating experience, though that could prove a bad decision in the end (I don't think it will).

Also, I've eaten about 5 BLT's in the last few days and they've been really good. Wheat bread with a thin spread of mayo, brown sugar bacon, a thick slice of tomato and a few leaves of green lettuce, not iceburg, but the real kind. It's quite a tasty little sandwich. Other foods named after famous people: Beef Wellington, Peach Melba (and Melba Toast), Fetuccine Alfredo, Cobb Salad, Beef Stroganoff.

On an enitirely different note, I'm tired of meeting new people and having nothing to talk about. I've decided small talk is stupid and I don't want to do it anymore. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do, but I welcome any suggestions. I've thought about not talking to anyone, but that path only leads to loneliness and ending up like this guy - which I don't want.

6 comments:

Theodosia said...

The capital of Algeria is Algiers. Spencer can answer your other questions.

Spencer G said...

Can I? Oh, I guess I can. I don't know how the challenge began, but somehow I had to make Joni say "Ew!" in class. I thought it would be really easy with a song that begins with "I love your vagina," but I was mistaken and Joni just laughed. But John had brought his other class to see this "epic" event, so he made me play it for the whole class which offended some of them. I have not been back since. The story is completely new and I don't know how my name got in it...

Theodosia said...

Spencer, did John tell you that in class on Monday he tried to address any issues people had with the whole incident? He said Karla got really mad at him for "creating an atmosphere of looseness" and he felt bad. But no one seemed too fussed.
And Jordan...what would Mystery do? Wasn't one of his rules "No small talk"?

Bee Hives said...

Where is Albania? (Answer below.)

I am jealous you are eating so many BLTs. Does BLT stand for something other than the ingredients? Or is someone named Bacon Lettuce? Maybe that can go after TTT in all of your children's names. Then your one oddball child can have Tomato instead. I miss your brown sugar bacon. I only had it that one time at the Welsh castle that was very cold and smelled of pee in the hall, but the bacon was lovely. Lovely.

I think instead of small talk you should push the food around on your plate until you form a question mark. Then hold it up for a particular person to see. Say nothing. Or draw a question mark in your notebook in class one day and hold it up for someone to see (preferrably not the professor, as you have wisely chosen against Torts). Enjoy the reaction.

I am currently sleeping on the couch. I found out today it's because I'm a bad father. Yes, a bad father. I'm a father. To Sophie's dog. She said I was always abandoning them to go to school. Actually I'm sleeping on the couch because it's about ten degrees warmer downstairs than it is upstairs where my icy bed is. I think the old heater in this house can't quite muster enough energy to pump hot air up two stories. So I go where the heat goes. Which is the nasty uncomfortable futon.

Next to Joe Bania. (That was in a comic today.)

Spencer G said...

Bess, how did closing the window help the temp in the home?

Bee Hives said...

Very much, thank you. Granted, I was still wearing socks, flannel pajamas, a sweater, a plush robe and was under two down blankets and was a bit chilly, but that is normal for the area.

Hobo threw up last night. I slept through it and Sophie had put the dirties in the wash by the time I woke up. She had found a large, green bone-like object that was probably the cause of the upset. She kindly left it on the bathroom counter for me, because she thought I would be interested to investigate it. EwAGH. I hope she has moved it. I'm too afraid to check.