Thursday, August 23, 2007

Law School

I dove under my desk as a B-52 bomber flew into the classroom my first day of law school. After a few moments, my heart rate returned to normal and I realized the hailstorm wasn't steel rain, but other students frantically transcribing everything the professor said. I got back into my chair and removed my notebook, and also began taking notes, but only of important ideas and concepts. The kicker was that my notebook was actually made of spiral bound paper and not Japanese computer chips.

My apartment in Crystal City is basically ginormous. It's like living in a hotel suite sort of. There is a concierge and they even have those luggage carts like hotels. I actually walk through a hotel on the way to the Metro, which is accesible through the Crystal City Shops underneath apartment buildings and the Marriott. It's a pretty cool little set up.

We don't have a tv, but my roommate, Alan, has a projector so we've been watching The Office and Southpark on a 9 foot screen. Not bad I'd say. we watched Charlie the Unicorn and it was incredible. I decided to learn the candy mountain song on the accordion and make a goal to perform it for real live people. I'm sure that will make me the most popular kid at school/in the ward.

No comments: