Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Name That Baby!!!

Over the weekend I was considering letting myself be defeated by a bad man and an American stick insect. By the time I had decided to not be defeated, the deadline for this had already passed. But I'm submitting this anyway. And I must give credit for the inception of this idea to my sister, Catherine, and brother-in-law, Eric. It's a joint submission to the contest, really.


I am proud to reveal the family fun game to solve all your baby-naming woes. How can a child with a name like Liz or Hannah or Rose or Bess ever be truly unique?! How can you expect little Spencer or little Jordan to develop into an independently-thinking individual when others share his name?! The only chance for our children to be individuals is for them to have one-of-a-kind names. Duh.
The game is simple... it contains two multi-sided dice, much like the one below.


Rather than numbers, each face of the die is imprinted with a syllable, e.g. "brin," "bay," "car," "egg," "lee," "eff," "tay," "burp," "cat," "hat," "rat," "mat," "tin," "pin," etc. Simply shake the dice and combine the two syllables to create your new childs unique, one-of-a-kind name.



2 comments:

Ro Ro Riot said...

A new game Mormon family nights. They can name a new child every 9 months...jus' kiddin'.

Theodosia said...

I don't think you're really kidding.